Old 14-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Natty_Dread

Default What to do with last year's mulch?

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
the mulch doesn't look too pleasant. So, I'm wondering if I can turn

the
soil over and till the mulch into the beds and then mulch again on top, or
should I rake up all the mulch that's there now and replace it with new?

Your screen name intrigues me. I received my MSW in 1969. What kind of

work are
you doing? You will find gardening very good burnout insurance.
You can either even the mulch out with a rake & mulch over it, or till the
mulch into the soil & apply a fresh layer. As it breaks down, the old

mulch
will improve your soil.

Hi Iris! It's nice to know another social worker here! I'm working at a
not-for-profit human services organization overseeing a continuum of health
care "safety net" programs that assist low-income individuals and families
to obtain affordable healthcare, almost like a small-scale health plan. We
partner with one of the local county governments and with private medical
providers in the community, who offer our clients their services at a
reduced rate; the families pay a nominal co-payment and we pay the balance
of the reduced rate to the provider. I have a staff of 16 who help our
folks get hooked up with medical care and provide on-going family case
management. What about you? What's your area of interest? I
wholeheartedly agree with your comment about burnout insurance...I bought my
first house back in 2000, and I *never* thought I would get into digging in
the dirty, but I *love* it! I can't wait for spring to come so I can get
back out there! Thanks for your ideas about what to do RE my mulch
question!

Cheers!