Old 24-04-2006, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default Oh dear, new gardeners!

I am on a waiting list for an allotment and I would certainly hope that
there is a good communial spirit on the site and help from experienced
growers etc.

I am still a novice gardener even though I've grown several different
things from seeds planted some plant from GC's , the mother in law etc
.. Changed the garden around several times , landscaped etc and read
and watched just about everything I can find on gardening

BUT as my old grandfather used to say there is no replacement for
experience and local experience at that.

I'm sure if it's a family they would welcome any advice , probably just
depends how the advice is presented.

You don't want to be like the the old Harry Enfield character that
always said 'You don't want to do it like that that , you want to do it
like this !!'

Perhaps just mention such things like , we still gets frosts here until
xx/xx/xx date as so some protection such as might be worthwhile

Too be honest when I get my plot I'm kinda hoping if not expecting to
get lots of good advice