Old 24-04-2006, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Lidl growbags, checkout and bad backs.

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:42:12 GMT, Geo
wrote:

Their growbags are 98p so we lifted them into the trolley, bought some
fruit and
trundled round to the checkout. Normally ( at B&Q etc) they would use a
hand
scanner but Lidls don't have them so offered to put onw on the conveyer
and get
till to multiply by number of bags. No can do - shop rule - evrything has
to go
on the conveyer, so all bags uloaded from trolley, passed over scanner and
loaded back into same trolley.
Duh!

Geo

We buy 30 tins of cat food at a time from Lidls (two cats), to save
frequent visits. Only one gets passed over the scanner, and the total
is just multiplied up. The 'everything on the conveyor' rule must be
branch-specific.

--
Chris

Yes but are the 30 cans all the same flavour--if not the stock control on
chicken flavour etc will be wrong.
That was the reason I had to load 120 cans on the conveyor at ASDA
(5 cats) ;-)