Old 24-04-2006, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Oh dear, new gardeners!

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Over the weekend one of the new gardening crowd (a young family) has
obviously been to the Garden Centre and bought young plants, OK in
itself, but then they have planted them out on their exposed plot![...]
Main problem is they are all frost tender so I hope they are very lucky,
they will need to be.

Do I say something if I see them or just keep quiet and let them learn
the hard way?

Give them a roll of garden fleece as a welcome present and explain how it
works. "It may come in useful for your plants if frost is forecast" etc
etc

I think that sounds like a very good idea. I was going to suggest
buying them a book, or giving them one of your old ones.

OK I don't mind you suggesting they have one of *my* old books as long as
you pay postage :-)