Old 25-04-2006, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doctrupp

Default My Kwanzan Cherries look so sad!

I meant that I put Vigoro fertilizer granules in the soil prior to
planting and continue using that compound to re-fertilize. The bag
says it lasts 3 months. My husband just got spikes but I haven't put
them in yet. Located in NJ zone 6-7. The trees are in full sun lining
our driveway. The soil is rather clay-like but we bought screened
topsoil and enriched it when planting. Initially, watering was 1-2
times a week (including rainfall) for the first month or so.