Old 24-04-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Cal Pump UV Clarifier died

"scs0" wrote in message
oups.com...
Turns out the transformer in the light (the box-like component that
sits within the power cord) failed. I had my pond shop take a look at
it today. I don't know when it's going to get repaired and I can
already see that my pond is already losing the clarity after two days.

Yes, these UV lights do work well.

The lesson I learned from this fiasco is that I should avoid CalPump
products in the future. I still haven't even received a reply to the
email I sent.

Doesn't that just burn you up? It's as bad as calling a place and never
getting to speak to a human being. Poor customer service turns me off to a
product. I have the Tetra UV lights and filters. The first one I bought
didn't light at all. I sent it back That Fish Place, or was it F&S and got
another in less than a week.

Does anyone have a recommendations for a good -RELIABLE-
UV clarifier or sterilizer for a 4000 gallon pond because I'm going to
try to get a store credit if possible. Not only do I want to device to
actually turn on, I want some other simple things like the ability to
see whether or not the device is on.

Don't get one built into something else, and make sure it has a "window"
that allows you to see the glow. I'm satisfied with the Tetra brand I have.
I can see the glow where the intake and outflow are as they're clear
plastic.

I'm so sick of buying expensive crap that doesn't work. My $3500 Sony
TV set acted the same way: it worked for a little while (thus teasing
me with its potential) then suddenly failed to turn on. Though I did
get more than 8 days out of that TV....

Wasn't it replaced? I have the Cyprio pond-pump vac. What a piece of crap
that is. I can't even give it away. I threw $50 down the toilet.........
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.