Old 25-04-2006, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default re-doing the compost

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message . com
from "Cat(h)" contains these words:

I've had the most fantastic week end of gardening. I feel chuffed and
self-satisfied, in the way only newbie, time challenged, easily
satisfied amateurs can...

However long you garden, that delight will never wear off. Great
isn't it.

It's fantastic. And I just *love* digging over the soil - there is
something deeply therapeutic about it. I deal with all work related
stresses, frustrations and the people who bug me by pretending they are
those clods of clay I bang on with the back of my fork to crumble them.
Then, there's the pleasure of watching things grow... and the stresses
and buggers then become the weeds to be eliminated...
Then, there's the pride of the harvest, and the serving of it at dinner
parties, together with much pretend humility at just how delicious it
all is, and just how directly responsible I am for it all :-)

Cat(h) (stiff and blister-handed)

I've posted this before, but since you're new; take special care of
your gardening back, joints and hands. There is nothing more frustrating
than a glorious garden day and being too sore/damaged to do anything.

Very fair point. I am lucky to be quite fit, so apart from the
blistered hands, all stiffness has gone. However , you are right - no
complacency when it comes to the back!

Cat(h)