Old 25-04-2006, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron H

Default What's eating plants in my cold frame

So what can one do about such invasions?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:33:23 -0500, Ron H wrote:
Something ( small) is eating the tops out of the plants in my cold

frame.
Has to be something pretty small since the frame is closed up most of

the
time and only open during the day.

Slugs? Snails? Head out at night with a flashlight and check...

Don't rule out earwigs or sow bugs either.

I've planted sunflower seeds in with young plants and the stupid pests
seem to prefer eating them over the other stuff.