Old 25-04-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Kiwi flowering

My kiwi vines have small buds for the first time (they're about 4 years
old now).

They haven't actually flowered yet, and I'm interested in what they'll
look like.

My question: assuming that these buds mean I'll be getting fruit this
year, how do you tell when a kiwi is ripe?

Mark

P.S. The elephant garlic is growing like a charm, the snow peas are
climbing the trellis, the greens are getting big (endive, spinach,
romaine lettuce), the carrots have germinated, and the herbs are also
coming in.