Old 25-04-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Carl Beyer

Default Cal Pump UV Clarifier died

In article , "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have an Aqua that I really like. Runs 24 -7 - 365 in So Cal... Heavy
Duty constructions.. A little bothered by how the light attaches, but
it is really easy to service

Tetra seemed a bit flimsier, but then again, what am I doing, playing
football with it?

======================
I don't find them flimsy. At least mine aren't. My only gripe is how hard
they are to open to clean, then close again. They need a slightly better
design as far as opening and closing.

The Aqua's are heavy duty PVC... I felt a bit thicker than Tetra, but
again, not saying Tetra is bad.

My Aqua has two screw tops. One that holds the bulb in the quartz
sleeve, and one that holds the sleeve in place and caps the water. Both
seal nicely, although eventually I will have to replace the rubber I am
sure.

Also, the bulb fell out of the socket on the last tear down and it broke
the quartz... The bulb is a long, 4 prong on one end jobby. Just
slipped and crack..

Anyway. Still like the product. Just wish I could get a maintenance
free pond...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com