Old 25-04-2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Cal Pump UV Clarifier died

Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Carl Beyer at
was heard opining:

My Aqua has two screw tops. One that holds the bulb in the quartz
sleeve, and one that holds the sleeve in place and caps the water.
Both seal nicely, although eventually I will have to replace the
rubber I am sure.

So far mine is still like new.

Also, the bulb fell out of the socket on the last tear down and it
broke
the quartz... The bulb is a long, 4 prong on one end jobby. Just
slipped and crack..

Mine also has the prongs but the quartz sleeve goes in under pressure and
must line up just right, a real PIA.

Anyway. Still like the product. Just wish I could get a maintenance
free pond...

Carl

I wish I had the money to hire someone to clean the filters and do the water
changes...........
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.