Old 25-04-2006, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Recyling garden waste (quick moan)

"Sla#s" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:
SNIP
They're not thick.

They just happen to have different priorities in life.

Maybe they don't rate being smug and sanctimonious as highly
as some other people.

I live in the Stirling area and our council set up a composting unit

What compsoting unit?

Nobody needs a "unit" to make compost. It's just put in a big
pile and it breaks down by itself by microbial action.

Didn't you know that er, Slatts?

It looks like somebody wasted all your Ratepayers money up there
Making jobs for themselves no doubt, and printing out plenty of
nice leaflets into the bargain. Glossy 4 colour leaflets on nice
thick paper I wouldn't mind betting. Thousands of them.

and
provided us all with brown bins with very easy but precise instructions as
to what could be composted, this was two years ago. (In accordance with

the
latest Euro regulations that we will all have to follow shortly)

Why did you all need instructions then ? Are you all incapable of
reading books or something? Composting is hardly rocket science
or leading edge technology. Its been around for thiosands of
years.

Oh sorry, the Council had to set up a new department, just so as
to tell you all what you could and couldn't compost. With all
these leaflets. I see.

Now thanks the prats who think like you

You haven't got the faintest idea how I think. You're
incapable of it.

BTW it's not nice to call people names, when you quite clearly
haven't got a clue about what you're actually on about.

we have had no compost produced by
this obviously very expensive unit

Why is is it so expensive ?

To make compost you just put it all in a big pile.

And let "Mother Nature" do the rest. Didn't you know that?

because a small minority just dump
anything into the brown bins.

That's hardly my fault, er Slatts.

Maybe they can't read ? Maybe your Council should start an
Adult Literacy Initiative as well while they're at it.

When will it ever end, that's what I ask myself.

And god knows how much potentially good
compost has had to be dumped in landfill.

Thus improving the soil there instead. Thus making subsequent
landscaping all that much easier. To actually break the cycle,
it would be necessary too fire the stuff into space in
a rocket.

hth

michael adams

Slatts