Old 15-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Peter Coddington

Default Will Birds Nest with Squirrels around?

"TheScullster" wrote in message
What's a feral cat? Is this a typo?

Phil

The heading 'Will Birds Nest with Squirels around ?' Threads then go
off the track ?
The answer is 'Yes' For a couple of years in the vicinity of my garden
there are at least two squirrels. Every year Sparrow's build nests
in the hawthorn borders, if the Magpies do not raid the nests the eggs
are hatched and we have an abundance of young birds.
However last year a Magpie built a nest high up in a tree and a
Squirrel ejected the bird and took up residence as sleeping quarters.
It would seem that Squirrels do not like eggs !
Peter.