Old 25-04-2006, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default feed for a veg patch

NC wrote:
As below, I am growing carrots, parsnips, sprouting broc, beetroot,
radishes, potatoes and peas. I dug in a good amount of well rotted horse
manure about 2 months before planting.
Should I be looking to add any feed / fertiliser to the soil ? Any
liquid feeds that could/should be watered in ?

No. However how have you devided your crops? Are they all on the same
bed? Are you going to start a rotating system so that you avoid the
build up of bugs and diseases in the soil? After growing root vegs it's
a good idea to put in the legumes (peas, beans) the following year and
liming before this. There's nothing else you ought to do beside
weeding, watering and keeping an eye on p&d.