Old 25-04-2006, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

Default Recyling garden waste (quick moan)

michael adams wrote:
"Sla#s" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:
SNIP

What compsoting unit?

I most humbly beg your forgiveness for such a stupid mistake.
See below.

Nobody needs a "unit" to make compost. It's just put in a big
pile and it breaks down by itself by microbial action.

See link below.

Didn't you know that er, Slatts?

Perhaps they had to build a shed to put the macerator in, then lay down
large flat concrete base, for a possessing area, to prevent runoff into the
local water table. (Where it can be turned mechanically over every couple of
days). But what would I know?
See: http://tinyurl.com/gsppk
I put a further link below for an "In-vessel unit"

SNIP

Why did you all need instructions then ? Are you all incapable of
reading books or something? Composting is hardly rocket science
or leading edge technology.

True but is it not the case that the vast majority of UK residents do not
compost and wouldn't know what to put in a compost bin?

... Its been around for thiosands of
years.

"thiosands" ? Pot, Kettle, Black.

Oh sorry, the Council had to set up a new department, just so as
to tell you all what you could and couldn't compost. With all
these leaflets. I see.

They have to in accordance with the latest regulations.

Now thanks the prats who think like you

You haven't got the faintest idea how I think. You're
incapable of it.

Note: I didn't call you a Prat just people who think like you.

BTW it's not nice to call people names, when you quite clearly
haven't got a clue about what you're actually on about.

See link below.

we have had no compost produced by
this obviously very expensive unit

Why is is it so expensive ?

To make compost you just put it all in a big pile.

Obviously you have never seen in an industrial compost unit.
Suggest you do a bit of research before you reply the next time.
I can't find a picture of the Stirling unit but here is another.
http://www.magherafelt.gov.uk/recycl...ting/index.php

And let "Mother Nature" do the rest. Didn't you know that?

But to do it on an industrial scale she needs a little help.

because a small minority just dump
anything into the brown bins.

That's hardly my fault, er Slatts.

Perhaps but as you said:

"They just happen to have different priorities in life.
Maybe they don't rate being smug and sanctimonious as highly
as some other people."

So they just dump any old waste in the brown bins and wreck things for those
who do care.

If that's not being a Prat, what is?

Slatts