Old 25-04-2006, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mentalguy2004

Default Reccommendation of nice UK bougainvillea-type climber?

Hi

I have recently come back from Greece, and was impressed with the
Bougainvillea (I think it was), but I understand that I can't buy some and
leave it outdoors during the winter. Is there anything similar I can use,
primarily for covering a pergola, which means it has to survive a UK South
Coast winter? I'm looking for an ivy/bougainvillea type plant, with nice
flowers (pref red/pink) which can climb. I don't mind if it only flowers in
hot weather as long as it is hardy enough to last the winter.

Thanks for your help!