Old 26-04-2006, 01:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
andyc

Default weed swamping my garden. help appreciated

Hi Guys, after weeks of searching and digging and pulling and huffing, I've
decided to ask for some help.

We've just bought our first house, with a wreck of a garden. The house is a
DIY project and now the suns out, so it appears is the back end.

Over the last few weeks, our garden is being overrun by this one type of
weed. Its a ground cover type for sure, and jeesh it has so many roots and
tendrils underground that my first thought was bindweed. But after searching
the various weed identifying sites maybe not.

I'd opt for a multi purpose weed killer but the garden has well established
conifers down both sides which these weeds are swamping and I'd sooner not
kill those through ignorance.

I've uploaded a picture to my web space in the hope that anybody could shed
some light of just what this thing is.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.cashmore/Photo.jpg

Any help or advice on dealing with this thing would be most appreciated.

With thanks..

Andy C