Old 26-04-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default quince (cydonia) - edible?

"Sacha" wrote
She's not talking about cutting down chestnut trees in case conkers
fall on her children's heads, after all!

You'd think that must be an urban myth - but no, the zealous
environmentally concerned Norwich City Council really did propose this a
few years back! I believe some did get the chop but others were saved
only after much derision in the national press.

I don't know why it is that normally intelligent, sensible people are
often drained of all common sense once they end up voting on things in
Council meetings. It must be some sort of psychological phenomenon -
Sick Committee Syndrome.

--
Sue