Old 26-04-2006, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Small tree??

"Jandy100" wrote
We have a corner in our garden that is in partial shade & would like
to plant a small (say 5m tall max).

Ideally it would be a spring blossoming tree, we would love a cherry
but all websites lead us to believe that it should be in full sun.

A Japanese acer wouldn't have blossom but many of them are so beautiful
in leaf it hardly matters about that, and then there'd be gorgeous
autumn colours too. In a sheltered spot in partial shade with room
enough for one of these I'd certainly put one on the possible list. You
could underplant with bulbs for the spring flowers.

--
Sue