Old 26-04-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default GW - In remembrance of Geoff Hamilton ?

JennyC wrote:
"Paul Corfield"
"JennyC"

Sarah Raven strikes me as someone who is genuinely keen on plants and is
happy to delve around in the soil. Although even with her there is a
marked contrast from what looks like her very first appearance on GW and
how she is now. Even she is much more "commercial" with canny
references to "her Perch Hill garden".

I reckon she has a whole wardrobe of grotty clothes which she uses to give
herself an image on TV. I saw her once at GW Live in birmingham and hardley
recognised her in a very nice dress and with make up !!!!

I gather from my wife's comments that some of the clothes she wears for
gardening are far from grotty. I certainly wouldn't work in the garden
wearing £60+ cardigans, anyhow.

James