Old 26-04-2006, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default GW - In remembrance of Geoff Hamilton ?

JennyC wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:14:21 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

Old washing machine fire - cheapo garden lights ............

Nice :~))

Well lots of the old Geoff Hamilton episodes are being repeated on
uktvstylegardens (satellite channel) and his style is somewhat different
to the current presenters.

OH - wish I could recieve that!
He was a lovely bloke and much as I love Monty, Geoff was in a class all of his
own :~)

Snip

Agreed. I caught the tail end of one GW presented by him last night on
UKTVstylegarden, and was amazed to see him showing how he has a wee
spot beside his greenhouse where he temporarily plants new plants he
buys, to see how they perform, what they need and to give them a chance
to grow bigger if they're too small to be planted in their final place.
In these days of instant garden make-over with roll-out turf and flash
designs for those with deep pockets, it was a refreshing reminder that
gardening is a long haul undertaking.

Cat(h)