Old 26-04-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Blooms changing colors

"Dennis Hessler" wrote in message
Thanks, Gail.

That makes sense and I hadn't thought of it. I thought less light would
manifest in fewer blooms but never thought about the quality of that
light.

Dennis

It happens to roses that spend their entire
lives outdoor, too. I've noticed some of my
varieties will get "off" colors if we have a
span (say a week) of cloudy and rainy days.
When you read descriptions of roses, you
will sometimes see something like: "Best
bloom color in bright sun" or "Colors show
best in cooler climes". I.e., some of my
varieties probably look nothing like the same
plant in Ohio!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8