Old 26-04-2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Byron

Default Phal spikes failing

I have a Phal that created a spike about 2 momths ago, only to have it
wither and die. I didn't get too excited since I could see another
spike starting. It got to about 4 inches in length and did the same
thing. Other phals in the same area that have received the same
treatment have spiked and bloomed. I don't see any problems with mold
or insects.

The only difference is the amount of air movement where this Phal is
located. It is closer to a fan. Could that be it?

Byron