Old 26-04-2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nicole

Default Amonium Nitrate application rate (???)

Here's info from Florida's Cooperative Extension regarding fertilization
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/SS318

I was taught to use a 10-10-10 or 16-16-16 for turf as everything needs to
be balanced. When using just nitrogen, you'll be greening the turf and
encouraging growth but not providing a balanced "diet".
I've purchased a triple 10 or triple 16 for less than 10$ for a 10 lb
bag.... so it definitely won't break the break. Some of the fertilizers are
outrageously overpriced.

Good luck
Nicole
"D.Reid" wrote in message
Hello to all.
I live in North Florida and have a 3 acre yard. A mixed variety of grasses
from Floratam to burmuda to Bahaiha (sp).

I would like to green it up a bit without going broke and ammonium nitrate
was recommended to me. Analysis is 34-0-0.

I located and bought some today but there was no application instructions
on the bag. I ask the young man helping load it how much to use and he
didnt know.

Regular fertilizer, say...10-10-10 goes on at about a pound per 100 square
feet (10'x10') or 10 lbs. per 1000 square feet as I understand the label
directions.

It seems a little bit of this stuff (amonium nitrate) goes a long way.
Anyone care to throw some numbers on the table as per pounds per say...a
thousand square feet (10' x 100').

I would apreciate any input.

Thank you for your time.
Dave