Old 15-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Air Layering a shimpaku

Jim,

When is the best time of year to air layer ashimpaku? I have

one with a
similarly unwanted low branch.

Well, let me put a full-disclosure caveat on this at the start:
I haven't ever layered a shimpaku (or a juniper, for that
matter), not being a really, really big fan of the Genus.

HOWEVER, late spring or early summer is the time to do air
layers. Do layers too early and the bark tends to grow over the
cut.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --