Old 26-04-2006, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default eAOS

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:13:29 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
K Barrett wrote:
Has anyone else gotten the eAOS award program? Any input?

K Barrett

Ordered it several weeks ago, haven't seen it yet.

Rob

I got a call today that they were printing up a bunch of new CDs and will
ship it when they have the CDs... She made it sound like they would ship in
the next few days. I hope so. I'd like to have it for the opening of the
California Sierra Nevada center.

K Barrett

Sent money with Marion Allen to AOS @ Disney and received mine.
Because I did not have that order number I had the devil of a time
getting it installed. Save all -- ALL -- your paperwork. Somewhere
there is an order number. You have to have the Registration Number,
the Order Number AND the E-mail address as per the order to install.

They are over protective. The data is good the pictures are marvelous
and the program is easy to use with a try or two. I have Orchid Wiz
on the society's system and I can not get it to run in the circles
everyone is telling me it does. So soon I hope to be done grading and
have time to sit and play with the two and get to know them both.

If you have a computer failure you will have trouble getting e-aos
re-established as it is now. I hope they come to their senses and
relax a bit. But to get all the A-Q immediately and see the pix in
color instead of in the binder (once you find the right one) and you
find the pix is B/W. It can be such a bummer to not be able to tell a
thing without the slide in a projector.

The Sanders section is separate from the Awards data. . which is not
as convient as it could be. But it works rappidly.

Updates after show season may be a pain some months. If the update is
a big is they suggest it may sometimes be. We will see how this works
this summer.

I thought you were up and running on Sierra Navada Center. When do
you go "live." Good Luck with that project.

SuE