Old 27-04-2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default wall street journal

Sue,

I have a Phal Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure' AM/AOS that gets
watered once a month -- it just does not dry out any faster. I bought it in
bloom with two spikes on 10/31/2005. I have watered it exactly 7 times since
then. It continues to be in bloom on both spikes. It's in a transparent
plastic pot in moss, and I can see that it has a very healthy root system,
but most times when I check the moss just continues to me moist.

So watering once a month is not necessarily nuts. It just requires an orchid
that will do well in these conditions. Most won't.

Joanna

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On 26 Apr 2006 11:18:41 -0700, wrote:

-- I love this quote from the middle of the article.................
See more on the cloned orchids hitting big-box stores."You can take a
potted-plant orchid, put it in your home, give it no light and no water
and a month later it's still alive and in bloom," says Rob
Griesbach,..........

I am sure he meant to say that you did not need special additional
light -- but no water for a month? This guy needs his head
examined.
SuE