Old 27-04-2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Default wall street journal

Have you even looked at the article? It's not a HD press release. I
searched the archive for that reporter and he had another piece of fluff on
a totally different topic last month (there were more hits farther back in
time but I'm certainly not going to pay to retrieve them.) One time I got a
nice paph at Lowes for 9.95. Prices will vary over time at any particular
store and between different stores, even in the same chain. Here in Atlanta
24.95 is about the most you will pay for an orchid in any of the chain
stores, and there are usually some below $15 (mostly dendrobiums or
oncids.).
-danny

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Joe, the WSJ printed a press release that it was given by Home Depot.
Newspapers print press releases (if they have space, which depends on the
source of the press releases; big advertisers like HD, which run a lot of
expensive, full-page ads, can get a lot of such space). They don't
investigate or proofread them. So, IMHO, it's HD that's full of it, but
has sufficient advertising budget to get its "it" printed as "news" ...
But if you really pick thru it, they probably have an out -- the $10
orchid in the headline was the red Oncid, as best I could tell; the rest
of the article was on Catts and Phals, unless I missed something.
Kenni

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...

Did you note that the $10 orchids were 19.95? Not a 10 buck orchid in
sight! Here in Houston Lowe's is at 24.95 and HD is the same. The WSJ
is full of it!
Joe T