Old 27-04-2006, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default eAOS

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:13:29 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
K Barrett wrote:
Has anyone else gotten the eAOS award program? Any input?

K Barrett
Ordered it several weeks ago, haven't seen it yet.

Rob

I got a call today that they were printing up a bunch of new CDs and will
ship it when they have the CDs... She made it sound like they would ship
in
the next few days. I hope so. I'd like to have it for the opening of the
California Sierra Nevada center.

K Barrett

Sent money with Marion Allen to AOS @ Disney and received mine.
Because I did not have that order number I had the devil of a time
getting it installed. Save all -- ALL -- your paperwork. Somewhere
there is an order number. You have to have the Registration Number,
the Order Number AND the E-mail address as per the order to install.

They are over protective. The data is good the pictures are marvelous
and the program is easy to use with a try or two. I have Orchid Wiz
on the society's system and I can not get it to run in the circles
everyone is telling me it does. So soon I hope to be done grading and
have time to sit and play with the two and get to know them both.

If you have a computer failure you will have trouble getting e-aos
re-established as it is now. I hope they come to their senses and
relax a bit. But to get all the A-Q immediately and see the pix in
color instead of in the binder (once you find the right one) and you
find the pix is B/W. It can be such a bummer to not be able to tell a
thing without the slide in a projector.

The Sanders section is separate from the Awards data. . which is not
as convient as it could be. But it works rappidly.

Updates after show season may be a pain some months. If the update is
a big is they suggest it may sometimes be. We will see how this works
this summer.

I thought you were up and running on Sierra Navada Center. When do
you go "live." Good Luck with that project.

SuE

Thanks SuE!!

We go *live* May 3rd. AOS Prez (Art Moore??) will be there and everything.
Whoopdedoo!

I worry about how many computers I'll be able to install eAOS on. I need 3
(minimum). I believe they say they'll allow 5. But I can see that you are
right. They need to relax a bit. I finally registered at orchidweb for the
'members only' portions of the web page and there's really not a whole lot
there to subscribe to. Heck, I have more articles on OrchidSafari than they
have at AOS! (In their archive section.)

Personally I'm looking forward to the new center. People keep asking me why
I'm changing since Oakland is much closer to me than Sacramento is, but
sheesh. I like the people and I like to judge so if there's an opportunity,
I'm there. I only hope there will be orchids to judge! (Given an
opportunity I'll pull some from the 'show and tell table', heck why not?)[
with the owner's permission, that is.]

I don't know *what* the AOS is doing anymore. The costs for the magazine &
membership, the costs for *both* the AQ and eAOS, the costs for an award
(one only needs to look at the Pac Central's web page to see how the fee
increase drastically reduced the # of awards over time.) Heck its
expensive. Follow that up with the New York YTimes' article, and we are
back in the days of the 'Landed Gentry' exchanging prized orchids amongst
themselves. You get to be Countess SuE and I get to be Baroness Barrett.