Old 26-04-2006, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default weeding a veg patch

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

When walking the plank then use the best weeding hoe on the market...
http://212.9.164.213/public_uk/produkte/prod00.hbs
Look for the Small Push Pull Weeder (RF M 10)

Yes, brilliant tool. For anyone in Scotland, Brechin Castle GC in
Angus has them on special offer atm (only 14.99 for the head with
plain
aluminium handle).

Janet

Is this tool effective in getting rid of your mystery weed?
Ok I am not interested in the tool but I do want to know what that weed
is/was.

So do I, and I still haven't..I took some to work but the
headgardener didn't recognise it (he's as new to the island as the
weed). You've reminded me to take it to the garden club this week and
ask there. The b thing is so pernicious I never hoe it; it breaks into
minute fragments and each one starts a new colony. So I just scopp it up
intact for burning or wormery.

Janet.

My money is on a sedum type thingy-such as Crassula helmsii -bearing in mind
this thing has several structural forms. I suppose it could be Sedum Hussein
:-)