Old 26-04-2006, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Growing avocado

"p.k." wrote
Sue wrote:
It didn't do anything until I recently brought it into the kitchen
whereupon it sprouted up several inches in days. I was chuffed as
anything... until I googled previous threads and found out people
thought they were completely boring as houseplants!

the trick is to sprout many seeds. Most will sprout and grow a single
stem, but occasionally a seed will sprout multi stems and gowth will
be less tree and more shrub like with no need to pinch out

Thanks for the tip, pk. I'll try a few more and see what happens.

--
Sue