Old 27-04-2006, 10:30 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default In NJ, can you weed before fertilizing?

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dan" wrote:
wrote:
I am about to spray my lawn with weed killer. Does it matter if I put
this down first and then fertilize later?

You can do it in any order you like. One won't interfere with the
other. Unless your whole lawn is full of weeds, I'd use a tank
sprayer and just spot treat. If it is full of weeds, then I'd use a
weed n feed product and do both at the same time.

How long should I wait after reseeding to fertilize and spray weed
killer?

I had some large bare spots that I prepped and seeded with Kentucky Blue
grass three weeks ago, but the weeds are growing faster than the

sprouts.
Wash. DC area.

Dan

Three to four cuttings before applying broadleaf weed control to new
seedlings.

and if you check the instructions they will often say use a weaker mix on
new grass

rob