Old 27-04-2006, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wormeries !

adm wrote:
Dear All,

I'm thinking of getting a wormery to dispose of all my organic and food
waste. I like the idea of having it all enclosed rather than just sitting on
the top of the compost heap attracting rats etc...

Does anyone have nay experience with this kind of thing, or can you
recommend another approach ?

http://www.originalorganics.co.uk/wormeries.htm

I bought one of these wormeries a few months ago and have been pleased
with it. We kept it in a utility room over winter, and had quite a few
escapee worms but that's the only problem. They certainly do their job
in reducing our food waste, though I still don't seem to have any
liquid to run off through the tap. I'd recommend, but you need to think
of them as waste disposal units rather than creators of great
quantities of compost.