Old 27-04-2006, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default list of poisonous plants

she should and could have checked in a book or elsewhere on
the Web to find out that quinces are NOT poisonous.

I know that quinces are not poisonous, that's why I said that I was
intending to eat teh quinces and I did check on the web, that's where I
found all the stuff re poisonous seeds. As all the info I could find
suggested that (a) it is difficult to extract teh seed as the fruit (in this
country anyway) is very hard and (b) that the seed is poisonous then I
thought I'd try actually asking a group of people about it in the hope that
one of them woudl have some direct experience of an English grown quince and
could give me some actual "common sense facts" as opposed to the
miscellaneous assortment of information on the web which is variable in
quality and usefulness at best .

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)