Old 27-04-2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default How do you propagate wild violets?

"RAINDEAR" wrote in message
please.....i DO believe the question SHOULD BE: how do you keep
indigenous
violets from propagating??

Oh, one of those :-) I look forward to seeing them in the spring.
Maybe they can become a nuisance. I went out and marked the speckled
ones, hoping I can collect some seeds and keeping them from getting
mowed over.

although, i must say i am grateful to them....if not for them, i'd
have lawn
(blecccchhhh!!); now, instead, i have 3 different coloured indigenous
(native) violets and they're pretty and they smell wonderful; but best
of
all: grasshopper, japanese beetle, and rose chafer larvae do NOT
overwinter
by eating their roots as does happen with grass roots!
(hrm....i wonder if there's a group with that name?)
j/k, j/k....gee, can't you guys take a joke??

Yes :-). So that's what's been happening to my grass. I had to buy a
bunch of seed yesterday :-). Won't ask how you grow that on a dry and
dusty terrace. I'll figure something out. Sure don't want to put
burlap out with stakes in it to hold in place though.

--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

That was cute!