Old 27-04-2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Aphids on Lily leaves

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:45:34 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote: Yes, I know what you mean, I have zits on my ass that acid
won't touch.

"Jerry Jackson" wrote in message
I asked the people at Water Garden Gems in San Antonio about a means for
controlling Aphids on Lily leaves. Here is their response:

Good afternoon,
Aphid's can be controlled by using Safer Soap and spraying the pads. Be
careful not to do it in the middle of the day, try to do it in the
evenings so that the sun does not shine on the pads. Safer Soap is a safe
product to use in and around the pond and can be purchased in most
nurseries or Wal Mart in the gardening section.
Thank You
Connie

I did find it at Wal-Mart. It is called "Safer 3-in-1" and comes in a 24
oz spray bottle. The cost was $5.

Jerry in San Antonio
===========================
*Note: There are TWO Koi-Lo's on this NG* and I am the imposter.

I would still remove the plant to another place to spray it. You never
know! I would not want any kind of insecticidal soaps in my ponds. Some
people recommend hosing the aphids into the water for the fish to eat. That
didn't work for me as not one koi, goldfish or rosy-red would eat them.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.