Old 27-04-2006, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default An unpleasant experience with T&M

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "CK" contains these words:

snip

Today is Thursday, I am still waiting for the reply. Hopefully, I can
get a proper one before the end of this week.

I know it was an online order, but complaints should always be made
in writing, and request a written (on paper) reply. Preferably, address
it to a named person and department, but failing that, to a job title
(such as "Customer services manager". Send the letter by recorded
delivery and mention it it that this is being done. (Remember to check
and copy your letter's delivery (online, free).

Forgive me for being pedantic, but by 'free' in this context, you mean 'for
no additional charge', as the customer has already paid for this part of the
service. And don't be surprised if, sometimes, the delivery of a Recorded
Delivery item is not actually recorded. You can then of course complain
about that, which, in my case, led to a nice polite apology and
'compensation' in the form of two first class stamps. I would have told them
what I thought of their two first class stamps, but I didn't want to waste
the postage :-)