Old 27-04-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm

Default Wormeries !

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"adm" wrote
That's actually what I wanted to here - waste disposal is perfect. Our
bloody council have cut the rubbish collection to every two weeks
recently...

Their strategy appears to be having an effect then.

Not really. I have a great big compost heap in my garden already.....it's
just down at the end and 80m away from the house.

I wouldn't let the idea of rats put you off composting. I live in a
rural area where rats are always around in the fields

Me too. OK - I haven't seen any in the compost heap so far, but I just don't
like the idea of all the food waste there - I'd prefer it to be covered (I
also have three small children and one large dog)

but have only ever
found one such squatter in my compost bins. It was more surprised than
me on discovery and soon scarpered.