Old 27-04-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default weeding tool

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

William Wagner" wrote in message

et...
In article .com,
"brucegooglegroups" wrote:

Suggestions for a good weeding tool for both lawn and garden? I would
prefer one with a long handle.

Bruce

Warren Hoe.

But those Japanese weeding knifes are really useful.

And, scary looking, too. Perfect for visitors who think you have a sign
on
your head saying "Please get in my way as much as you can". Even though
the
knife's not at all sharp, I find that people tend to take a step or two
back
when I'm using it.

Looks of are no import the ability to do work matters. I've got two
knifes and since most of my gardening is in solitude I really think do
you garden ?

Bill being nice.

I've been gardening for 35+ years. I tend to get visitors. Neighbors who
come to chat. They see me move from one spot to another 30 times, and then
stand precisely in my path. It's odd. Many people look, but do not see.