Old 27-04-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default weeding tool

"brucegooglegroups" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Doug,
What about the weeding hoe from seeds of change?
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...=+weeding+tool

Bending over is an issue for me and I would rather weed standing up.

Bruce

Bruce:
I guess I'm used to my tools, because I can't see how a fork would be useful
for weeding, unless you stuck it under the weeds and twisted it to lift out
the weeds. That could be murder on the wrists after a while. Somebody else
mentioned this, though - a nicer version of another tool I've had for years:

http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...item_no=S12394

Part of that blade glides just below the surface of the soil and slices
weeds off. You can just leave them on the surface to roast in the sun, and
then decompose. You'll still want to clean up weeds that have flower heads,
and perhaps seeds that have developed, but most can just be left to shrivel.

You should still buy that knife, though. You'll wonder how you ever lived
without it.