Old 27-04-2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Impersonation

Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Richard Sexton at
was heard opining:

In article ,
Gill Passman wrote:
Yeah, they can switch there ID quite legally but assuming someone
elses
ID I believe is illegal....or will be very soon....

It's illegal. Lemme tell you what happened to me. There was a
distrubing influence in another area of my interests. After a coulple
of years putting up with his inane and non-productive crock'o'crap I
put up a funny webpage that purported
to send mail from him with any one of four of his usually "witty"
remarks.

I never got a complaint about it from him or anybody else.

What I did get though was two provincial policemen from the computer
crimes division assereting that if I didn't take this down then I'd
be charged with no less than four felonies. Impersonation was the
first one, I don't remember the rest and it's questionable in my mind
if they'd have stuck. Whatever.

I took the page down and don't play that game no more.

*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

Then why is Roy getting away with these falsified headers and impersonations
of other people? Why hasn't it been stopped?
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.