Old 28-04-2006, 12:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Impersonation & kooks

Koi-Lo wrote:
Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Gill Passman at
was heard opining:

Another thing that crosses my mind from time to time is actually
whether there is some legislation somewhere that can penalise these
people
from denying us our rights to discuss on-topic stuff on usenet...not just
what they do to one another but what they do to the innocent
bystanders...they are subjecting us to pornographic crap and their
bizzare fantasies...now that I believe is illegal...

========================
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

Gill, Usenet is becoming the cesspool, the sewer of the Internet. In
the days when ISPs felt some responsibility for what their customers
posted, these guys would all be gone. Surely you remember those days.
But now the floodgates are open, everyone looks the other way and the
lowest forms of life are taking over any NG they so choose to destroy.
As these mentally handicapped people and the number of perverts grows,
the decent people flee! I shudder to think what Usenet will be like 5 or
10 years from now. It will either be all moderated NGs or nothing but
societies kooks and failures wallowing in their own filth.
Meanwhile,... all we can try to do is post around them and hope for the
best.

I truly believe if this NG isn't moderated to keep these disruptive
people at bay - it will die.

Agreed, but keep this off-line pleae...

Gill