Old 28-04-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Winterizing tropical water plants

Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Mike C at
was heard opining:

It's a little early to tell what made it this year. I know my Spider
Lily made it. It is not really a troppical, but it definitely is not
rated to survive a zone 5 winter. I am hoping my Taro comes back up
too.

=============================
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

Is your spider lily white or red? I have the red one the woman called a red
swamp lily. It almost looks like an Amaryllis they sell at Christmas time.
I'm not sure what it is but she said it was tropical. I do bring both in
for the winter but they don't do well inside, getting spindly and pale. I
bring my Taro in as well and it always manages to have a spider-mite
infestation before Thanksgiving. These tropicals are barely worth the work
they take to keep them over......

Please let me know if your Taro comes back. I'd love to leave mine out this
coming winter.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.