Old 28-04-2006, 12:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dan

Default In NJ, can you weed before fertilizing?

Steveo wrote:
"Dan" wrote:
I took your advice last sept. and aerated, spread a 1\4" of compost
and

applied starter fertilizer.
Last year the temps were still in the 90s in mid Sept. here. I
thought it was too hot to spread seed. I was prolly wrong about
that, huh?

Have you tried slice-seeding it yet?

No, I haven't. I had never heard of it before seeing your posts about it.
I have been following the threads here on that subject trying to learn more.
I did see in another post today that you are using one daily at this time.
Is that the preffered way to seed by pro. LC companies?