Old 28-04-2006, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Wormeries !

wrote
I am afraid that is my verdict after trying one for 1 year. The
minute quantities of stuff you get out are not worth it and mainly you
get dead worms and piles of rotting food.
These green cones and variations look simpler. In the meantime, I
will just continue to use my normal compost heaps but I am still
reluctant to put cooked food on them despite assurances from regular
compost experts here who probably do know whta they are taling about.

How large a volume of cooked stuff are you talking about though? It may
be time to start serving smaller portions or develop a taste for
leftover remakes like bubble n' squeak and rissoles.

--
Sue