Old 28-04-2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller

Default Chinese Pistache

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:04:50 -0700, "Richard Miller"
wrote:

I want to put up a privacy head or a THICK tree line. It's about 100 feet on
each side and about 30 feet on each edge making about 260 of tree line. I
don't want a $500 water bill each month, so I think that the Chinese
Pistache tree might be the way to go and if so how close can I plant them
apart?

Richard

After years of recommending these trees, the City of Austin recently
added them to a list of invasives to avoid. YMMV, but you might want
to call your extension agent for the best plants in your area.