Old 28-04-2006, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mulberry gender issues

echinosum writes

Wrote:
Some more information about my seedlings:
There are photographs of these trees; their
leaves; their berries; and my own seedlings at:

http://timtyler.org/fruit/mulberry/

The trees (and also their corresponding seedlings)
seem rather different from one another.

I /suspect/ the botanical gardens tree is a
Morus rubra - and the Royal Fort Gardens
tree is a Morus nigra - but I'm open to
more knowledgable suggestions on this front.

I also have a single specimin of Morus alba
(which I believe is silkworm fodder).

I think both trees are Morus nigra.

This is what Morus rubra looks like:
http://tinyurl.com/f9esg

The second seedling isn't a Morus at all, it is a weed.

The seedling picture I saw looked remarkably like an elderberry

--
Kay