Old 28-04-2006, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ... images of ordinary uk gardens

Sue writes

"JennyC" wrote
Here's mine:
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/indexgarden.htm
Not actually a garden - more a patio and roof garden "~)
Not even in the UK - but pretty close :~)

I've looked at your site before on the URGring I think but was nice to
see again. Your garden's very stylish Jenny. :-)

As we're talking about photos can I ask if anyone has any
recommendations for a good digital camera that will take decent close
ups (insects, individual flowers etc) as well as ordinary outdoor garden
shots and indoor pics. Something up to about £200?

Look at some of the Olympus - as well as a 'macro' mode they have a
'supermacro' which is down to a couple of inches - excellent for insects
etc. I have a C-310 which is below your budget. Only niggle is that the
supermacro won't work with flash, and low light level is far more
damaging to focus that camera shake. But it does what I want - simple
'point and click' which works equally well for holiday snaps, indoor
pics (in my case, cave pics), and close ups of flowers for later
identification.

If you google Olympus you'll find complaints that it's heavy on
batteries. But in my experience this isn't so - it's just a big whinger!
I have just taken several hundred photos over a week with the 'battery
low' warning sign on continuously.
--
Kay