Old 29-04-2006, 12:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sue

Default What's Growing In Your Garden?

On 26 Apr 2006 03:50:11 -0700, wrote:

Red Beets (nice and big, very nutritious)
Spinach (been eating them all winter, now they are coming near the end)
Tomatoes (seedlings just planted)
Blackberries (3 plants getting ready for their first fruit this summer)
Cherry Tomatoes (going to plant the seeds very soon)
String Beans (just planted the seeds)
some kind of hot peppers
Red Bell Peppers (small seedlings right now)

I *finally* got to plant last weekend. No rain at last.
2 Sweet 100s tomato plants
3 Celebrity tomato plants
3 some sort of Beefsteak variety of tomato plants
6 green bell peppers
4 zucchini
bush beans (my first try at these)
Potatoes have been in for quite a long time
Peas which were planted at the entirely wrong time despite the
directions on the package which said Sept-Feb in my zone and I planted
in very late Feb).
I'm hoping the cherry tree will do well this year. I've lived in this
house for 7 years and, until last year, didn't realize that pretty
tree *is* a cherry tree. The cherries were really tiny, not even
worth eating. I don't know if this is because of the variety or some
other factor.

And, I planted pansies in pots but that's for some other NG.
Sue