Old 28-04-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bookworm

Default Weed'n'feed application disaster!

Neil wrote:

I tried a test application on some polythene, and as far as I am concerned
the issue is the distributor, which has an on-off kick lever, but isn't
flow-rated by speed of walking. I tested my speed before using originally
and had that right, but in the later test it dumps a whole load of granuals
in the second or two it takes to start moving once turned on, or stop it
once you've stopped moving.

I took the spreader back for a refund as suggested by Scotts, but they
weren't wholly helpful beyond that and their advice. They suggested their
next spreader up was better (more reliable). It can't be any less so.
:-(

I have some 6 or so bloody useless Lawn Fertilizer Applicators in my
shed. Tried them all. Scotts, Fisons etc etc. Usually end up applying
it by hand. I find they usually do the job OK first time. Then, no
matter how well you clean it, 2nd time, (1 year down the line) it is
U/S.

My hand applied has scorched but is soon recovering in this weather.